Terms and Conditions
Please take time to read this document carefully and keep it safe for future reference. This policy is contractually binding whether or not you have signed the application form or any other document.
Insured persons are covered for the benefits shown in the policy schedule of cover, which in turn are governed by the following policy wording.
Following your call to the counselling helpline, or as a result of intervention by your employer, if your telephone counsellor considers that you would benefit from face to face counselling you can arrange to see a counsellor appointed by our service partner for up to 6 face to face counselling sessions in person. Face to face counselling is arranged following:
- A referral by your telephone counsellor
- A referral by your manager
- A request by yourself
The service provides access to a network of counsellors covering the UK enabling you to meet someone close to your home or place of work. Travel expenses are your responsibility. The fully experienced counsellors work with a wide range of issues including (but not limited to):
- Emotional problems
- Work related issues
- Relationship difficulties and family matters
We do not cover cognitive behavioural therapy. Children are not covered by this service.
The face to face counselling service is provided by Health Assured Ltd. The service is short term, taking a solutions based approach to ensure you feel fully re-assured and energised back to health.
Personal accident life cover
If any person suffers death as a result of a personal accident, benefit will be paid to the sum of £5,000. Our aim is to provide the broadest and most appropriate cover possible. There are some limitations however, to which the following exclusions and limitations apply.
We do not cover
- Flying or other aerial activity except as a passenger
- Participating in any hazardous sport. A full list of these is available upon request
- Engaging in active service of any of the armed forces of any nation
- Radioactive contamination
- Committing suicide
- Being in state of insanity or any psychiatric mental or nervous disorder
- Deliberate exposure to exceptional danger (except in an attempt to save a human life)
- Participation or attempt to commit a criminal act
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Driving with more alcohol than the legal limit
- Driving a vehicle without a current valid licence
- Being under the influence of excessive alcohol
- As a result of taking a drug which has not been medically prescribed.
As the full effects of an incident may not be immediately apparent, UK Healthcare reserves the right to withhold payment of any claim until a full investigation as to the cause of death has been provided.
Should you require a claim form in respect of this benefit please ring our Customer Service team on 01204 555049
New child payment
We will pay a single payment for each child born to you or your partner whilst you are a member of this policy, providing you have completed the initial twelve month qualifying period.
We will cover
- The birth of each child
- Adopted children under the age of three
- The birth of a still born child after 24 weeks.
We do not cover
- A child born or adopted during the qualifying period
- A miscarriage at up to 24 weeks
- Foster children
- Termination of pregnancy
- A baby born to a child who is under 18 and is covered by this policy.
On completing a claim form, a copy of the relevant birth certificate or adoption papers will be required to substantiate any claim.
Registered Office: Regent House, Folds Point, Folds Road, Bolton, Lancashire BL1 2RZ
Heel Shoes Boat Shoes